Aug 30, 2013
After a hard push to finalize the editing, we just sent Edition 4 of my Outlook book (Total Workday Control Using Microsoft Outlook) off to the printers. It will arrive in bookstores in early October. We hope to have a Kindle/Nook/epub version out about the same time (early October). This book continues to be the number 1 bestselling Outlook book, and I am confident this update will continue that trend.
Lots of New Stuff
What’s new? A lot! Nearly 30% of it is new material, and every page has been improved. Here’s a short list:
- Outlook 2013 coverage is the main new thing. And while that doesn’t dramatically change how to implement the MYN task and e-mail management system, there are some new considerations. We dropped Outlook 2003 coverage to make room for that, by the way.
- Nearly all sections have been rewritten (either a little or a lot) to reflect my latest thinking on task and e-mail management.
- Many sections of the book have been simplified by removing redundant material and reorganizing the order of materials, leading to greater clarity and focus. Many areas have been expanded to cover new materials.
- All graphics have been updated for newer Outlook versions and better image quality.
- We’ll have color images in the e-book versions. And a linked index. In fact, the entire e-book is being redesigned for better formatting and image quality.
- Completely updated Mobile section.
- Better integration with The One Minute To-Do List (1MTD) material. Quick Start replaced with 1MTD material.
- I’ve added an extensive new section titled “MYN-Outlook Flow Charts.” There you will see workflow diagrams that summarize most of the core MYN Outlook principles.
If you have Outlook 2013 now and can’t wait for the book, don’t forget I have some of the 2013 materials in a blog article.